Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

Due to the no good account management in our "base" institution a.k.a. IPGM Gaya, my business in PSP industry has to make its comeback. Why? Because first, we haven't get our allowance yet so frankly speaking we, or especially me, are prone to malnutrition and famine. Second, last semester I managed to dry up my savings. Oh yeah. I need not to explain. We are in a deplorable state!

Since my previous ads were deleted by Mudah.my after two months period, there were two actually, one is specifically for PSP 1000 and PSP 2000 models and the other ads for PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 with the cursed motherboard TA088-v3, I had to create a new advertisement. Much to my surprise, this year I've got a competitor from Shah Alam and Klang area and additionally, he's offering such a low price per service that is cheaper than my price, which is actually much cheaper than many shops in KL and Shah Alam usually offer. Therefore, I had to come up with a new business strategy. So for my first advertisement, I decided to focus on a package which will soft-mod the PSP which will unleash almost of its full potential. So here's my advertisement at Mudah.my:

--------------------------------------------
PSP SOFT-MOD

Soft mod your PSP and expand its full potential you've never experienced before!
Only for PSP 1000 and 2000, 3000 and 2000 with mobo TA088-v3 is doable but requires longer time.

My soft-mod package includes:

1. Custom themes for your PSP - better than Sony's official

2. PDF reader - great for traveling

3. Emulators - play old school games. E.g. GBA, NeoGeo, SNES, NES

4. Power Saver plugin - save 10% of battery life

5. File explorer - IRShell, Xplora, XMB direct

6. Create categories in game section

7. Manga reader - manga on the go!

8. PSPTube- watch Youtube on your PSP

9. Magic the Gathering card game - home made

10. Adhoc Messenger - between PSP to PSP

and many more.

Price: RM60

Since this requires you to leave your PSP with me, I advise you to come to my place. So your PSP's safety is guaranteed. Address and details? Call or SMS me via the number below.

-------------------------------------------

So how is it? Is that expensive? I've indirectly offered this package to my customers before and my price that time was RM80 and they eagerly agreed. So I hope this will work. And I've got a call from a customer already today! Tomorrow I'm going to post my second advertisement.


Oh, pictures.

As you can see here, in the background is my laptop and at the front is my PSP. So what's the wonder? The PC display is transferred directly to the PSP via VNC server, through a wi-fi router. You can control the mouse and emulate the PC keyboard function, complete with the PC's synchronized, real time display. You can do this meters away, as long as your router support it.


This is a PDF reader for PSP. Bookr version 0.7xx. Nothing much, except what's in my PSP screen is the Satanic Bible. Oh, I don't worship Satan or LaVey. I'm just interested on what's written in the book. Research stuff.


Here's the system information screen for PSP. I spoofed the MAC address and firmware version to my liking. Though this looks cool, it's actually pretty easy, it's not even a HEX edit. In the background is a customized XMB wave for PSP. It's animated but this picture is static. Duh.


This is Xplora, a homebrew software which is used as a file explorer. Though there's a better one called IRShell which I didn't show here, I liked Xplora because it looked like Windows OS. That's a Start menu, mind you.


This is an emulator of NES (Nintendo Emulation System) on Contra. Old-school game. Perfectly functional. Credits to the programmer. I have lots of other different emulators complete with ROMs but there are just too many to include here.



This a comic reader for PSP, which is called... Comic Reader, obviously. It reads... Comics obviously. Or manga. Oh, the manga shown here is Claymore.


Anyway, all of these homebrew materials are available online. I didn't create them, but you have to know where to find them and how to use them. Read! Credits to the hackers and programmers. I'm a power user and I offer technical service to other people. I'm an opportunist, am I? Sigh.

0 Comments: