Recently I've been playing this game called 'World of Goo'. For those who are well informed about games release, please shut your mouth. I know it's late but I've just found this gem and it's a waste if people miss the opportunity to play this.
'World of Goo' was mainly developed by two developers, Kyle Gabler and Ron Carmel, independently. In other words, this game is what we call as 'indie game', other than indie bands that most youngsters are crazy about these days. I've heard some rumors that this game was made in a coffee shop since those peeps didn't own an office. How cool is that?
Imagine, right now you're given the power to use all the goos in the world to build structures and use that structure you build to achieve a purpose? What's awesome about this game is:
1. The physics. It's super-fucking-realistic. Say, if you're planning to build a bridge, how do you scaffold the structure? Which part do you need strengthen first so that the bridge won't bend and collapse? You can do it this game, WITH A TWIST, add that realistic physics plus GOO physics.
2. The goo. Well, they're kinda annoying but adorable.
3. The puzzles, 48 in total. It will make your brain work, totally. Thinking out of the box is the key.
4. The soundtrack. The soundtracks were composed by one of the developer himself and it suits the game well. Now we have indie music plus indie game!
5. The innovation. I've played a few games like Crayon Physics Deluxe and Ragdoll Canon which utilized in game physics very well but 'World of Goo' gave me this unique and worthwhile experience.
Here's some screenshots so you can see it better:
|One of the earlier levels. Use those balloons to balance the bridge.|
|A simple bridge.|
|This one might need a few attempts before you can make it work.|
|Belum sampai lagi level ni. -.-|
Anyway, talk is cheap, you have to try it yourself. I beg you, please give this game a try. You won't regret it. So here's a Mediafire download link for the portable version of 'World of Goo'.
By the way, downloading games from the internet for free is bad. It's similar to slavery, imagine if you toiled for a month working your ass in the office but by the end of the month; "Surprise! There's no fucking salary for you hahahaha!" How would that feel? So if you have the means to purchase online, please do buy the game. I'm gonna do that too... When I start working.