Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Smile Like You Mean It

*Profanity alert*

Today let me tell you about smiles. I think, most of us were given the uncanny ability to smile. Some smiles looked so freaking angelic and soothe the hearts yet some are fugly and may induce pants wetting aura. Despite of that, a smile means a lot and yes, smiles are fucking big deal. Without a proper smile, a politician won't get supports from his or her people. Without smile, you will not be able to get through that shopper that you were shoplifting. Without a fucking smile, you will not be able to lie about your feelings. Without a smile, people will think that you are mental. MENTAL. So that's why a smile is a freaking big deal. At least that's what I think. You don't agree? My pleasure.

So what is this post about? As usual, the few previous lines in this post are merely ramblings. So what's the big deal about smile huh? As a person, I think I sucked big time at this. Seriously. Who said while taking pictures, we must smile? Who wrote this ridiculous unwritten law? See, UNWRITTEN. Mind the word, smiling is not compulsory and plus, it's boring. I bet you guys are taking it seriously now eh? Okay, I'm kidding. I really wanted to smile more, but you know, I am kinda in disagreement with 'picture perfect' photos. Big fake smiles and beneath a reality which you usually don't wanna talk about. So that's why I refused to smile. Er, maybe not, my life is not that fucked up. Right, moving on.

Smile, smile, smile. I really adore people's smiles. And the best smile I've ever seen is from the Joker from Batman's graphic novel The Killing Joke. It looked like this. 
Now that's what we call an honest smile. No shit whatsoever. This is how everyone should smile. Before this post gets more ridiculous, let's get on to the most important point.

I think I'm in love with your smile. And of course everything that comes with it.

That's all.

Now I'll run and hide.

Don't look for me.

1 Comments:

Maariv said...[Reply]

erk, most of the time, we don't feel good or uplifted so we don't smile. So, at that glittering momentary moment after you do something that actually make you feel good about yourself, it is great to smile~ Then, after a few hours of a smile like facial expression, the good feeling wades away and our mouth is one straight line again. How precious is a smile. Joker was smiling so big because he seems to come to terms with himself. He crossed out his past tense maybe? Gigigigigiigiii (teeth teeth teeth teet tets)